Robert Kubica - the best Polish driver

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Morelli: "Robert didn`t say that he won`t be ready for 2012 season


Robert Kubica's manager, Daniele Morelli denied the Pole said thaat he won`t be ready to comeback at the start of the 2012 season, Kubica said that he is not certain about it. Italian told us also very important news about Kubica`s condition. Morelli said that Kubica`s full recovery is the matther of moths, not years.

Yesterday Robert Kubica issued a statement in which he saidEven if I’ve been working very, very hard over the course of the last few weeks, I came to the conclusion that I am not yet certain to be ready for the 2012 season. I have called the team and I have informed them of the situation. This was a difficult decision to make, but it is the most reasonable one. I also know that LRGP need to prepare for next year, and further extending deadlines would not have been the right thing to do. On a personal level, my recovery is still very encouraging and my doctors keep being impressed. I just need more time, as I want to be 100% ready before I commit to anything driving related. Finally, I regret not having been able to provide more news and not having appeared in the papers, and I thank my friends of the media for understanding that this has been the best way for me to cope with what has been the most difficult period of my life.

After it raised many comments which this words means. Unfortunately, many press titles said that Kubica will not comeback in 2012. Today Daniele Morelli explained this statement and told us about Kubica`s condition:
"I don't understand why Renault has changed Robert's words, it's not true he won't be ready for 2012: he stated he doesn't have certainty that he will be in shape for the first tests in February. We count on and hope to be ready, but in any case the delay will be a few months, 2013 was never mentioned. Renault will go its way with regards to the drivers, while we will look for alternative solutions."

"Contract does not extend to 2012, it ends at the end of December, so from 1st January will we be free to go in whatever direction. Plans have gone out of the window, but if Robert comes back that's because he will be competitive like before and attractive for the top teams."

"Robert is a bit overweight, but his right leg is almost the same as the left one muscle-wise. His elbow's external brace will be removed on Tuesday, so from that point on he will be free from that scrap metal. The hand's sensitivity is OK, the only limit is strength: the forearm's muscles have been immobilized for a long time so there's a lot of work to do, but it's a matter of time, by the end of January the strength should be adequate."

"Robert will not ride with a kart, because it's too extreme vibration-wise and for the lack of power steering. We'll start gradually and we'll see the responses after almost a year of inactivity. Robert is charged up: the tough times were in September/October, when the forearm's rotation was limited and progress wasn't so quick. But in the last month there's been a nice acceleration."

Source: Autosport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment