Kimi Raikkonen has signed two-year contract with Lotus Renault GP, but Eric Boullier not ruled out that Kubica will back to this team. Meanwhile Ferrari denies roumors that they prepared special plan of Kubica`s comeback to Formula 1 including private test in 2010 car. Below I also present interview with Daniele Morelli, Robert Kubica`s manager
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Robert Kubica's manager, Daniele Morelli denied the Pole said thaat he won`t be ready to comeback at the start of the 2012 season, Kubica said that he is not certain about it. Italian told us also very important news about Kubica`s condition. Morelli said that Kubica`s full recovery is the matther of moths, not years.
Yesterday Robert Kubica issued a statement in which he said: “Even if I’ve been working very, very hard over the course of the last few weeks, I came to the conclusion that I am not yet certain to be ready for the 2012 season. I have called the team and I have informed them of the situation. This was a difficult decision to make, but it is the most reasonable one. I also know that LRGP need to prepare for next year, and further extending deadlines would not have been the right thing to do. On a personal level, my recovery is still very encouraging and my doctors keep being impressed. I just need more time, as I want to be 100% ready before I commit to anything driving related. Finally, I regret not having been able to provide more news and not having appeared in the papers, and I thank my friends of the media for understanding that this has been the best way for me to cope with what has been the most difficult period of my life.”
After it raised many comments which this words means. Unfortunately, many press titles said that Kubica will not comeback in 2012. Today Daniele Morelli explained this statement and told us about Kubica`s condition:
"I don't understand why Renault has changed Robert's words, it's not true he won't be ready for 2012: he stated he doesn't have certainty that he will be in shape for the first tests in February. We count on and hope to be ready, but in any case the delay will be a few months, 2013 was never mentioned. Renault will go its way with regards to the drivers, while we will look for alternative solutions."
"Contract does not extend to 2012, it ends at the end of December, so from 1st January will we be free to go in whatever direction. Plans have gone out of the window, but if Robert comes back that's because he will be competitive like before and attractive for the top teams."
"Robert is a bit overweight, but his right leg is almost the same as the left one muscle-wise. His elbow's external brace will be removed on Tuesday, so from that point on he will be free from that scrap metal. The hand's sensitivity is OK, the only limit is strength: the forearm's muscles have been immobilized for a long time so there's a lot of work to do, but it's a matter of time, by the end of January the strength should be adequate."
"Robert will not ride with a kart, because it's too extreme vibration-wise and for the lack of power steering. We'll start gradually and we'll see the responses after almost a year of inactivity. Robert is charged up: the tough times were in September/October, when the forearm's rotation was limited and progress wasn't so quick. But in the last month there's been a nice acceleration."
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Daniele Morelli, Robert Kubica`s manager said to Italianracing that Robert Kubica will test his skills after rehabilitation in January using Formula Renault 2000 car. After it Pole should test in more powerful Formula Renault 3.5. By end of this year Kubica won`t be able to decide when he will be able to drive F1 car.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Eric Boullier told BBC today during Abu Dhabi`s Grand Prix, that he still don`t have any clear information about Robert Kubica`s conditions and his chances to regain full fitness. Frenchman told that he is not holding seat for Kubica, but he is holding an opportunity for Pole to be back. Lotus Renault GP`s boss said also that he is in tought situation.
Monday, November 7, 2011
Robert Kubica underwent last wrist surgery on the last Thursday. Doctors removed one of screws in wrist and cleaned off this Kubica`s bodypaart. Now the Pole`s rehabilitation will aim to restore a full mobility of the fingers, and will lead to first tests in single-seaters. In next few days there will be also a statement of Kubica and Lotus about next year F1 season.